The Enigma Of Thedas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The hell is this?

+7
Kristoff Rickenheimer
Halrent
Templar of the Imperium
Tal-Vashoth Saarebas
Healing_With_Magic
Isen
Cailla Flavius
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The hell is this? - Page 5 Empty Re: The hell is this?

Post by Disciple of Night Tue May 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Tal-Vashoth Saarebas wrote:I am Saarebas of the Tal-Vashoth.

Hmph. Theology.

Does it truly matter if this Maker exists or if his vaunted cruelty and pettiness brought the Blights upon this world?

The Darkspawn exist.

These so called "Old Ones" lead the Blights.

To end a Blight, they must be killed.

It is of no consequence of who or what started them in the first place. They are a threat to your land of Thedas, and it should not matter if mages turned a gold city into a black one and brought the Blights with them, or if these dragons used to be gods and are responsible in some way either.

What is done is done. Focus upon the utter destruction of the Darkspawn.

Even I recognize the threat, and I am from a different land entirely.

Yes, it matters. When a crime is committed, are we only to clean up the aftermath, and let the perpetrator cultivate more harm upon a community? The Maker brought about the greatest loss of life our world has ever suffered, and yet the majority would prefer the appalling notion that we are suffering for the "Sin" of men long dead. The darkspawn and the corruption they bring had a source, and yet we are to ignore that in favor of a corrupt religious hierarchy and an apathetic god who brought suffering to his children?

I reject any notion that it should brushed away, ignored, in favor of letting such lies fester, and our true gods be reviled for what they are unable to resist against.
Disciple of Night
Disciple of Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen Tue May 07, 2013 5:47 pm

I have lost track of this conversation I think...
Isen
Isen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal-Vashoth Saarebas Tue May 07, 2013 6:03 pm

I am Saarebas of the Tal-Vashoth.

I do not care about your gods.

I do not care about their gods.

I care about the destruction of a threat to the world. The details behind it are inconsequential. What matters is focusing on a grave threat.

Gods do not matter once one is dead and gone. Their deeds do, good and ill.

Religious bickering is a distraction.

Tal-Vashoth Saarebas

Back to top Go down

Post by Disciple of Night Wed May 08, 2013 5:24 am

Isen: Then pay attention. It's not like there isn't a log you can read through.

Saarebas: Then join the Grey Wardens. Or are you as afraid of dying fighting the Darkspawn as you are of following your own creed?
Disciple of Night
Disciple of Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Halrent Wed May 08, 2013 5:33 am

I'm actually with Falon on this one.

Doesn't matter one whit why the 'spawn are here or do what they do. Just matters that we fight them. Be it here in the Deep or by Wardens and nations above.

Nothin' else matters but killing the blighters.

Halrent

Back to top Go down

Post by Disciple of Night Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 am

Yes, because the Blight is the only source of harm and destruction in the world, that we should push everything to the side in favor of killing mindless monsters without a fallen god to lead them.

Surely dwarf, you would ignore it if the Chantry declared an exalted march on your people, simply because they find your reverence of the stone profane? Would "Falon" ignore it if his people came en masse from the North, once more forcing their way of life on those they had subjugated? Or if some petty tyrant saw the opportunity to conquer as much land as he could in the chaos of either?

The Blight is a threat yes, but Razikale may not arise for eons yet. The world will continue with or without the Darkspawn. Why ignore whatever troubles exist, and instead bring about change to that which you find abhorrent? Surely there is something you find unjust that you would wish changed or destroyed? That has nothing to do with Darkspawn?
Disciple of Night
Disciple of Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Tal-Vashoth Saarebas Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 am

I am Saarebas of the Tal-Vashoth.

Dying for the Qun is unacceptable.

Dying for a cause I believe in is not.

I do not expect a human to understand what it is like to have the sort of outlook I describe.

Tal-Vashoth Saarebas

Back to top Go down

Post by Halrent Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Blight or no, Tevinter, the 'spawn are always here in the deep. Lost a party last week, lost a brother last month. There is no respite, no ability to say 'oh the Blight's over, we can relax' there is just more Darkspawn, more battle. And we of the Warrior caste are all that stand between them and our homes.

I wasn't saying there aren't more things to worry about, I was stating that the Darkspawn's origins or reasons are irrelevant.

Halrent

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Disciple of Night wrote:[color=olive]Isen: Then pay attention. It's not like there isn't a log you can read through./color]

Less that and more I stopped understanding things.
Isen
Isen

Back to top Go down

Post by Disciple of Night Thu May 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Tal-Vashoth Saarebas wrote:I am Saarebas of the Tal-Vashoth.

Dying for the Qun is unacceptable.

Dying for a cause I believe in is not.

I do not expect a human to understand what it is like to have the sort of outlook I describe.

I would laugh at the idiocy inherent in that statement, if I i didn't realize you were being serious. You are merely Vashoth, who left the Qun out of fear, rather than any moral obligation. You mirror your flaws upon others so you will not be ashamed to see your own.

Halrent: I apologize, I must admit, I had overlooked your peoples constant conflict with the fallen ones. I ask your forgiveness for my short sightedness. My condolences also, for your fallen brother.

I simply do not agree that the origin of the Spawn is inconsequential. Even barring my relgious convictions, to understand the origin of something so unnatural, perhaps there lies within the possibility of ending it permanently. Knowledge is power, as they say.
Disciple of Night
Disciple of Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum